Wednesday, August 12, 2009

mushi atsui, desu ne

Dear Friends and Family,

You can see a new picture on my blog with a new hat from our friends, Brad and Megumi Harker. Brad works for the US Consolate in Osaka, Japan, and we went to church with them while living there.

Brad's note to me started with "it is hot and sticky here. . ." as he described the weather in August in the Kansai region of Japan. "Mushi atsui" is the Japanese phrase for hot and sticky, or as we say here in Indiana: "the dog-days of summer".

We miss our friends in Japan and thank you all for your faithful prayers from around the world.

I am pushing through chemo-treatment number 5 as I look forward to the final treatment this month.

I can see the light that is coming at the end of this tunnel. . .

In Christ alone,

Newt

No comments:

Post a Comment